Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The act of rising in flight. Used of an aircraft or a rocket.
2. The point or place from which one takes off.
3. Informal An amusing imitative caricature, parody, or burlesque.
1. the leaving of the ground, as in beginning an airplane flight.
2. a departure from a starting point, as in beginning a race.
3. the place or point at which a person or thing takes off.
4. a humorous imitation; parody; send-up.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||takeoff - a departure; especially of airplanes|
|2.||takeoff - the initial ascent of an airplane as it becomes airborne|
|3.||takeoff - a composition that imitates or misrepresents somebody's style, usually in a humorous way|
|4.||takeoff - humorous or satirical mimicry|
sự cất cánh