Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to target language: source language
1. The language into which a text written in another language is to be translated.
2. A language that a nonnative speaker is in the process of learning.
3. Computers The computer language, often a machine language, into which a document written in another computer language is to be translated. In all senses also called object language.
1. (Languages) the language into which a text, document, etc, is translated
2. (Languages) a language that is being or is to be learnt
1. the language into which a text is to be translated from another language. Compare source language.
2. a language that one is in the process of learning.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||target language - the language into which a text written in another language is to be translated|
language, linguistic communication - a systematic means of communicating by the use of sounds or conventional symbols; "he taught foreign languages"; "the language introduced is standard throughout the text"; "the speed with which a program can be executed depends on the language in which it is written"
|2.||target language - a computer language into which something written in another computer language is to be translated|