Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Variant of template.
1. a pattern, mold, or the like, usu. consisting of a thin plate of wood or metal, serving as a gauge or guide in mechanical work.
2. anything that determines or serves as a pattern; a model: You can use my notes as a template for employee evaluations.
3. a horizontal piece, as of timber or stone, in a wall, to receive and distribute the pressure of a girder, beam, or the like.
4. Genetics. a strand of DNA that serves as pattern for the formation of a complementary strand.
5. a flat strip, as of cardboard, placed on a computer keyboard to provide ready reference to software commands.
6. an electronic file with a predesigned, customized format and structure, as for a fax, letter, or expense report, ready to be filled in.
7. a marble base for a toilet.Sometimes, tem′plet.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||templet - a model or standard for making comparisons|