tenancy(redirected from tenancies)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. ten·an·cies
1. Possession or occupancy of lands, buildings, or other property by title, under a lease, or on payment of rent.
2. The period of a tenant's occupancy or possession.
3. A habitation held or occupied by a tenant.
n, pl -cies
1. (Law) the temporary possession or holding by a tenant of lands or property owned by another
2. (Law) the period of holding or occupying such property
3. the period of holding office, a position, etc
4. (Law) property held or occupied by a tenant
ten•an•cy(ˈtɛn ən si)
n., pl. -cies.
1. a holding, as of lands, by any kind of title; occupancy of land, a house, or the like, under a lease or on payment of rent; tenure.
2. the period of a tenant's occupancy.
3. occupancy or enjoyment of a position, post, situation, etc.
4. Archaic. a piece of land held by a tenant; holding.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tenancy - an act of being a tenant or occupant|