Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to tenancy: tenancy in common, tenancy at will, tenancy by the entirety, Tenancy for years, Joint Tenancy With Right of Survivorship
n. pl. ten·an·cies
1. Possession or occupancy of lands, buildings, or other property by title, under a lease, or on payment of rent.
2. The period of a tenant's occupancy or possession.
3. A habitation held or occupied by a tenant.
n, pl -cies
1. (Law) the temporary possession or holding by a tenant of lands or property owned by another
2. (Law) the period of holding or occupying such property
3. the period of holding office, a position, etc
4. (Law) property held or occupied by a tenant
ten•an•cy(ˈtɛn ən si)
n., pl. -cies.
1. a holding, as of lands, by any kind of title; occupancy of land, a house, or the like, under a lease or on payment of rent; tenure.
2. the period of a tenant's occupancy.
3. occupancy or enjoyment of a position, post, situation, etc.
4. Archaic. a piece of land held by a tenant; holding.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tenancy - an act of being a tenant or occupant|