tenderfoot(redirected from tenderfeet)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. ten·der·foots or ten·der·feet (-fēt′)
1. A newcomer not yet hardened to rough outdoor life; a greenhorn.
2. An inexperienced person; a novice.
3. often Tenderfoot A Boy Scout of the lowest rank.
n, pl -foots or -feet
1. a newcomer, esp to the mines or ranches of the southwestern US
2. (Other Non-sporting Hobbies) (formerly) a beginner in the Scouts or Guides
n., pl. -foots, -feet (-ˌfit)
1. a raw, inexperienced person; novice.
2. a newcomer to the ranching and mining regions of the western U.S., unused to hardships.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tenderfoot - an inexperienced person (especially someone inexperienced in outdoor living)|