thawed(redirected from thawedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. thawed, thaw·ing, thaws
1. To change from a frozen solid to a liquid by gradual warming.
2. To lose stiffness, numbness, or impermeability by being warmed: left the frozen turkey out until it thawed; thawed out by sitting next to the stove.
3. To become warm enough for snow and ice to melt.
4. To become less formal, aloof, or reserved.
To cause to thaw.
1. The process of thawing.
2. A period of warm weather during which ice and snow melt.
3. A relaxation of reserve, restraints, or tensions.
[Middle English thawen, from Old English thawian.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||thawed - no longer frozen solid; "the thawed ice was treacherous"|
|2.||thawed - no longer frozen; "the thawed ground was muddy"|
unfrozen - not frozen; "unfrozen ground"