paschal lamb(redirected from the Paschal Lamb)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
a. The lamb sacrificed at the first Passover.
b. A lamb sacrificed in any later Passover commemoration.
2. Paschal Lamb See Agnus Dei.
1. (Judaism) (sometimes not capitals) Old Testament the lamb killed and eaten on the first day of the Passover
2. (Ecclesiastical Terms) Christ regarded as this sacrifice
1. a lamb slaughtered and eaten by the ancient Hebrews at Passover.
2. (caps.) Christ.
3. (caps.) any of several symbolic representations of Christ, as the Agnus Dei.
n → Osterlamm nt