Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. An often repeated song in a musical play that is identified with the work or one of its characters.
2. A song that is identified with a performer, group, or radio or television program.
1. (Music, other) a melody used, esp in a film score, to set a mood, introduce a character, etc
2. (Music, other) another term for signature tune
1. a song or melody in an operetta or musical comedy so emphasized by repetition as to dominate the presentation.
2. a song or melody used as a signature.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||theme song - a melody used to identify a performer or a dance band or radio/tv program|
|2.||theme song - a melody that recurs and comes to represent a musical play or movie|