thimbleberry(redirected from thimbleberries)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Any of several raspberries, especially Rubus parviflorus of western North America, having edible, thimble-shaped, usually red aggregate fruit.
2. The fruit of any of these plants.
n, pl -ries
1. (Plants) any North American raspberry, esp Rubus occidentalis, R. parviflorus, and R. odoratus, producing thimble-shaped berries
2. (Plants) any North American raspberry, esp Rubus occidentalis, R. parviflorus, and R. odoratus, producing thimble-shaped berries
1. the edible fruit of a prickly North American clambering shrub, Rubus occidentalis.
2. the plant itself. Also called blackcap.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||thimbleberry - shrubby raspberry of eastern North America having showy rose to purplish flowers and red or orange thimble-shaped fruit|
|2.||thimbleberry - white-flowered raspberry of western North America and northern Mexico with thimble-shaped orange berries|
|3.||thimbleberry - raspberry native to eastern North America having black thimble-shaped fruit|
raspberry - red or black edible aggregate berries usually smaller than the related blackberries