thready(redirected from threadiest)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
adj. thread·i·er, thread·i·est
1. Consisting of or resembling thread; filamentous.
2. Capable of forming or tending to form threads; viscid.
3. Medicine Weak and shallow. Used of a pulse.
4. Lacking fullness of tone; thin: a thready voice.
adj, threadier or threadiest
1. of, relating to, or resembling a thread or threads
2. (Medicine) med (of the pulse) barely perceptible; weak; fine
3. sounding thin, weak, or reedy: a thready tenor.
adj. i•er, i•est.
1. consisting of or resembling a thread or threads; filamentous.
2. stringy or viscid, as a liquid.
3. (of the pulse) thin and feeble.
4. (of sound, the voice, etc.) weak; feeble.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||thready - forming viscous or glutinous threads|
thick - relatively dense in consistency; "thick cream"; "thick soup"; "thick smoke"; "thick fog"
|2.||thready - thin in diameter; resembling a thread|
thin - of relatively small extent from one surface to the opposite or in cross section; "thin wire"; "a thin chiffon blouse"; "a thin book"; "a thin layer of paint"