Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
adj., n., v. -pled, -pling. adj.
1. threefold; consisting of three parts.
2. of three kinds; threefold in character or relationship.
3. three times as great.n.
4. an amount, number, etc., three times as great as another.
5. a group, set, or series of three; triad.
6. Also called three-base hit. a hit in baseball that enables a batter to reach third base safely.
7. (in bowling) three strikes in succession.
9. to make triple.
10. to cause (a base runner) to come into home plate by a triple.v.i.
11. to become triple.
12. to make a triple in baseball.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||three-base hit - a base hit at which the batter stops safely at third base|
base hit, safety - (baseball) the successful act of striking a baseball in such a way that the batter reaches base safely