Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to thruster: Ion thruster
1. A person or thing that thrusts.
2. A device that imparts thrust, such as a small rocket engine used to adjust the course or attitude of a spacecraft in flight.
1. a person or thing that thrusts
2. (Astronautics) Also called: vernier rocket a small rocket engine, esp one used to correct the altitude or course of a spacecraft
3. (Nautical Terms) an auxiliary propeller on a ship, capable of acting athwartships
1. a small rocket attached to a spacecraft and used for producting thrust to control attitude or translational motion.
2. a propeller located in a ship's bow or stern to provide added maneuverability, as when docking.
3. a person or thing that thrusts.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||thruster - one who intrudes or pushes himself forward|
|2.||thruster - a small rocket engine that provides the thrust needed to maneuver a spacecraft|
n (= directional rocket) → (Fein)steuerrakete f