Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms.
1. The highest point; the summit.
2. The highest degree of quality or excellence.
Excellent; first-rate: an athlete in tiptop condition.
Very well; excellently.
1. at the highest point of health, excellence, etc
2. at the topmost point
3. the best in quality
4. the topmost point
1. the extreme top or summit.
2. the highest point or degree, as of excellence.adj.
3. situated at the very top.
4. of the highest quality, rank, etc.: an athlete in tiptop shape.adv.
5. very well.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tiptop - the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development; "his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty"; "the artist's gifts are at their acme"; "at the height of her career"; "the peak of perfection"; "summer was at its peak"; "...catapulted Einstein to the pinnacle of fame"; "the summit of his ambition"; "so many highest superlatives achieved by man"; "at the top of his profession"|
|2.||tiptop - the extreme top or summit|
|Adj.||1.||tiptop - of the highest quality; "an ace reporter"; "a crack shot"; "a first-rate golfer"; "a super party"; "played top-notch tennis"; "an athlete in tiptop condition"; "she is absolutely tops"|
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
superior - of high or superior quality or performance; "superior wisdom derived from experience"; "superior math students"