tongue-tied(redirected from tongue-tiedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. Speechless or confused in expression, as from shyness, embarrassment, or astonishment.
2. Affected with tongue-tie.
1. speechless, esp with embarrassment or shyness
2. (Pathology) having a condition of tongue-tie
1. unable to speak, as from shyness, embarrassment, or surprise.
2. affected with tongue-tie.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||tongue-tied - unable to express yourself clearly or fluently; "felt tongue-tied with embarrassment"; "incoherent with grief"|