tooling(redirected from toolings)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
1. Work or ornamentation done with tools, especially stamped or gilded designs on leather.
2. The process of providing a factory with machinery in preparation for production.
1. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) any decorative work done with a tool, esp a design stamped onto a book cover, piece of leatherwork, etc
2. (Tools) the selection, provision, and setting up of tools, esp for a machining operation
1. work or ornamentation done with a tool, as on wood, stone, or leather.
a. the process of equipping a factory with machinery and tools for a particular manufacturing process.
b. a number of tools, as in a particular factory.