Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. often topsides The surface of a ship's hull above the water line.
2. The highest position of authority.
adv. & adj.
1. On or to the upper parts of a ship; on deck.
2. In a position of authority.
1. the uppermost side of anything
2. (Cookery) Brit and NZ a lean cut of beef from the thigh containing no bone
3. (Nautical Terms) (often plural)
a. the part of a ship's sides above the waterline
b. the parts of a ship above decks
1. the upper side.
2. Usu., topsides. the outer surface of a hull above the water.
3. the most authoritative position or level.adj.
4. of, pertaining to, or located on the topside.
5. of the most authoritative rank.adv.
6. Also, top′sides`. up on the deck.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||topside - (usually plural) weather deck; the part of a ship's hull that is above the waterline|
ship - a vessel that carries passengers or freight
shelter deck, weather deck - upper deck having no overhead protection from the weather, but sheltering the deck below