Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. Chiefly British
A streetcar line.
1. (Automotive Engineering) (often plural) Also called: tramway the tracks on which a tram runs
2. (Automotive Engineering) the route taken by a tram
3. (Badminton) (often plural) the outer markings along the sides of a tennis or badminton court
4. (plural) a set of guiding principles
1. a crude railroad of wooden rails or of wooden rails capped with metal treads.
2. Also called tramline . Brit. a streetcar route, track, or system.
3. Also called ropeway. a system for carrying passengers and freight in vehicles operating along overhead cables; a telpherage.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tramline - the track on which trams or streetcars run|
rails, runway, rail, track - a bar or pair of parallel bars of rolled steel making the railway along which railroad cars or other vehicles can roll
track - a pair of parallel rails providing a runway for wheels