Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Past tense and past participle of try.
1. Thoroughly tested and proved to be good or trustworthy.
2. Made to undergo trials or distress. Often used in combination: a much-tried teacher.
the past tense and past participle of try
1. pt. and pp. of try.adj.
2. tested and proved good, reliable, or trustworthy.
3. subjected to hardship, worry, trouble, etc.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||tried - tested and proved useful or correct; "a tested method"|
|2.||tried - tested and proved to be reliable|
1. pt, pp of try
2. adj tried and tested → sperimentato/a