Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. Having a tendency or desire to shoot a firearm before adequately identifying the target.
2. Inclined to react violently at the slightest provocation.
1. tending to resort to the use of firearms or violence irresponsibly
2. tending to act rashly or without due consideration
1. ready to fire a gun at the least provocation, regardless of the situation or probable consequences.
2. reckless in advocating action that can result in war.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||trigger-happy - irresponsible in the use of firearms|
irresponsible - showing lack of care for consequences; "behaved like an irresponsible idiot"; "hasty and irresponsible action"
|2.||trigger-happy - marked by extreme intensity of emotions or convictions; inclined to react violently; fervid; "fierce loyalty"; "in a tearing rage"; "vehement dislike"; "violent passions"|
intense - possessing or displaying a distinctive feature to a heightened degree; "intense heat"; "intense anxiety"; "intense desire"; "intense emotion"; "the skunk's intense acrid odor"; "intense pain"; "enemy fire was intense"