Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Threefold; triple.
a. Of or relating to an astrologically favorable positioning of two celestial bodies 120° apart.
b. In astrology, situated 120° apart.
1. A group of three.
2. In astrology, the aspect of two planets when 120° apart.
3. Trine Christianity See Trinity.
1. (Astrology) astrology an aspect of 120° between two planets, an orb of 8° being allowed. Compare conjunction5, opposition9, square10
2. anything comprising three parts
3. of or relating to a trine
4. threefold; triple
[C14: from Old French trin, from Latin trīnus triple, from trēs three]
1. threefold; triple.
2. Astrol. pertaining to the positive aspect of two of the zodiac planets distant from each other 120°.n.
3. a set or group of three; triad.
4. (cap.) the Trinity.
[1350–1400; Middle English: threefold (< Old French trin(e)) < Latin trīnī by threes (see trinary)]
Trinethree; triad; a favourable aspect of the planets.
Examples: trine of astrologers—Lipton, 1970; single trine of brass tortoises.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||trine - the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one|
3, deuce-ace, III, tercet, ternary, ternion, terzetto, three, threesome, trey, triad, trinity, trio, triplet, troika, tierce, leash