tripartite(redirected from tripartitions)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Composed of or divided into three parts.
2. Relating to or executed by three parties: a tripartite agreement.
tri′part·ti′tion (-tĭsh′ən) n.
1. divided into or composed of three parts
2. involving three participants
3. (Botany) (esp of leaves) consisting of three parts formed by divisions extending almost to the base
1. divided into or consisting of three parts: a tripartite leaf.
2. involving, participated in, or made by three parties.
[1375–1425; late Middle English < Latin tripartītus=tri- tri- + partītus, past participle of partīre to divide]
tri`par•ti′tion (-pɑrˈtɪʃ ən, -pər-) n.