Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to tripling: quadrupling
1. Consisting of three parts or members.
2. Three times as much in size, strength, number, or amount.
3. Music Having three beats to a measure.
1. A number or quantity three times as great as another.
a. Something having three identifiable or prominent parts or members.
b. Something capable of carrying or moving three people or things, as a chairlift.
3. Baseball A hit enabling the batter to reach third base. Also called three-bagger, three-base hit.
4. See trifecta.
v. tri·pled, tri·pling, tri·ples
To make three times as great in number or amount.
1. To be or become three times as great in number or amount.
2. Baseball To make a triple.