tuberous


Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to tuberous: Tuberous root, tuberous begonia, tuberous xanthoma

tu·ber·ous

 (to͞o′bər-əs, tyo͞o′-) also tu·ber·ose (-bə-rōs′)
adj.
1. Producing or bearing tubers.
2. Being or resembling a tuber: a tuberous root.

tuberous

(ˈtjuːbərəs) or

tuberose

adj
1. (Botany) (of plants or their parts) forming, bearing, or resembling a tuber or tubers: a tuberous root.
2. (Anatomy) anatomy of, relating to, or having warty protuberances or tubers
[C17: from Latin tūberōsus full of knobs; see tuber]

tu•ber•ous

(ˈtu bər əs, ˈtyu-)

adj.
1. characterized by the presence of rounded or wartlike prominences.
2. (of a plant) bearing tubers.
3. of or resembling a tuber.
[1640–50; < Latin tūberōsus knobby]
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Adj.1.tuberous - of or relating to or resembling a tubertuberous - of or relating to or resembling a tuber; "a tuberous root"
Translations

tu·ber·ous

a. tuberoso-a, semejante a una tuberosidad.

tuberous

adj tuberoso
References in periodicals archive ?
1, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today the Child Neurology Foundation (CNF) and the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance (TS Alliance) launch Infantile Spasms Awareness Week (ISAW) 2015.
Nine-year-old Emily Jackson suffers from Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC) - an illness resulting in the development of non-cancerous tumours that put pressure on vital organs.
FAMILIES and individuals affected by tuberous sclerosis are to be offered support from a new adviser in Wales.
Proceeds from the April 1st event will benefit the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance (TS Alliance), an organization dedicated to finding a cure for tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC), a genetic disorder that causes non-malignant tumors to form in many different organs, primarily in the brain, eyes, heart, kidney, skin and lungs.
A FAVOURITE with gardeners, these tuberous begonias from the Non Stop series are renowned for their robust and vigorous nature.
Tuberous plants should be lifted and overwintered in a frost-free environment.
Herein we report an infant with rhabdomyoma associated with tuberous sclerosis and an adult with myxoma, both arising from the right ventricular outflow tract (RVOT), a rare site for both tumors.
It is often located in the kidneys of patients with tuberous sclerosis; ALLMs located outside the kidneys are very rare.
Pot on tuberous begonias and support tall plants with canes in the greenhouse ?
A 63-year-old female patient with history of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and tuberous sclerosis presented to the emergency department (ED) with right flank pain.
Classic AMLs are sporadic in 80% of cases, while the remaining 20% are associated with genetic syndromes, such as tuberous sclerosis complex, an autosomal dominant disease.
This signature event will feature an expansive silent auction and raffle of premier items to raise awareness for children born with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC).
Full browser ?