turnkey(redirected from turnkeys)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Related to turnkeys: requisition
n. pl. turn·keys
The keeper of the keys in a prison; a jailer.
1. Supplied, installed, or purchased in a condition ready for immediate use, occupation, or operation: a turnkey computer system; a turnkey housing project.
2. Of or relating to something supplied, installed, or purchased in this manner: a turnkey agreement.
archaic a keeper of the keys, esp in a prison; warder or jailer
(Civil Engineering) denoting a project, as in civil engineering, in which a single contractor has responsibility for the complete job from the start to the time of installation or occupancy
n., pl. -keys,
1. a person who has charge of the keys of a prison; jailer.adj.
2. ready for occupancy when turned over to the owner: turnkey housing.
3. fully equipped; ready to go into operation: a turnkey power plant.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||turnkey - someone who guards prisoners |
keeper - someone in charge of other people; "am I my brother's keeper?"