uncultivated(redirected from uncultivatedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Not cultivated by standard agricultural methods: uncultivated vegetables; uncultivated ground.
2. Socially unpolished, uncultured, or unrefined.
1. (Agriculture) (of a garden, fields, the earth, etc) not having been tilled and prepared or planted
2. (Horticulture) (of a garden, fields, the earth, etc) not having been tilled and prepared or planted
3. (of a mind, person, etc) not improved by education
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||uncultivated - (of land or fields) not prepared for raising crops; "uncultivated land"|
cultivated - (of land or fields) prepared for raising crops by plowing or fertilizing; "cultivated land"
|2.||uncultivated - (of persons) lacking art or knowledge|
unrefined - (used of persons and their behavior) not refined; uncouth; "how can a refined girl be drawn to such an unrefined man?"
|3.||uncultivated - characteristic of a person who is not cultivated or does not have intellectual tastes; "lowbrow tastes"|
nonintellectual - not intellectual
1. In a primitive state; not domesticated or cultivated; produced by nature:
2. Not civilized: