underarm(redirected from underarmly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Located, placed, or used under the arm.
2. Sports Executed with the hand brought forward and up from below the level of the shoulder; underhand.
With an underarm motion or delivery.
1. (of a measurement) extending along the arm from wrist to armpit
2. (General Sporting Terms) sport of or denoting a style of throwing, bowling, or serving in which the hand is swung below shoulder level
3. below the arm
(General Sporting Terms) in an underarm style
1. of, situated, or for use under the arm or in the armpit: an underarm deodorant.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||underarm - with hand brought forward and up from below shoulder level; "an underhand pitch"; "an underhand stroke"|
|Adv.||1.||underarm - with the hand swung below shoulder level; "throwing a ball underarm"|