Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to unearned: unearned revenue, unearned run, unearned income, Unearned interest, unearned premium
1. Not gained by work or service: unearned income.
2. Not deserved: unearned luck.
3. Not yet earned: unearned interest.
1. not deserved
2. not yet earned
1. not received in exchange for labor or services.
2. unmerited; undeserved: unearned punishment.
3. not yet earned.
4. (of income) derived from investments or holdings, as interest or dividends.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unearned - not gained by merit or labor or service; "accepted the unearned rewards that came his ways as well as the unearned criticism"; "unearned income"; "an unearned run"|
earned - gained or acquired; especially through merit or as a result of effort or action; "a well-earned reputation for honesty"; "earned income"; "an earned run in baseball"