ungodly(redirected from ungodlier)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
adj. un·god·li·er, un·god·li·est
1. Not revering God; impious.
2. Sinful; wicked.
3. Outrageous: had to leave for work at an ungodly hour.
adj, -lier or -liest
a. wicked; sinful
b. (as collective noun; preceded by the): the ungodly.
2. informal unseemly; outrageous (esp in the phrase an ungodly hour)
adj. -li•er, -li•est.
1. not accepting God or a particular religious doctrine; irreligious; atheistic.
2. sinful; wicked; impious: an ungodly life.
3. outrageous; shocking; dreadful: an ungodly hour to drop in.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||ungodly - characterized by iniquity; wicked because it is believed to be a sin; "iniquitous deeds"; "he said it was sinful to wear lipstick"; "ungodly acts"|
wicked - morally bad in principle or practice
1. wicked, corrupt, sinful, vile, immoral, depraved, profane, blasphemous, godless, irreligious, impious My folks had nothing to do with ungodly people.