Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Sounding harsh to the ear; dissonant.
2. Not skilled or interested in music.
1. (Music, other) not musical or harmonious
2. (Music, other) not talented in or appreciative of music
un•mu•si•cal(ʌnˈmyu zɪ kəl)
1. deficient in melody, harmony, rhythm, or tone.
2. not fond of or skilled in music.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unmusical - lacking interest in or talent for music; "too unmusical to care for concerts"; "it is unfortunate that her children were all nonmusical"|
musical - talented in or devoted to music; "comes from a very musical family"
|2.||unmusical - not musical in nature; "the unmusical cry of the bluejay"|
musical - characteristic of or resembling or accompanied by music; "a musical speaking voice"; "a musical comedy"
|3.||unmusical - lacking melody|