Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms.
1. Not suitable to or appropriate for the season.
2. Not characteristic of the time of year: unseasonable weather.
3. Poorly timed; inopportune.
1. (esp of the weather) inappropriate for the season
2. untimely; inopportune
un•sea•son•a•ble(ʌnˈsi zə nə bəl)
1. not seasonable; being out of season: unseasonable weather.
2. untimely; inopportune.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unseasonable - not in keeping with (and usually undesirable for) the season; "a sudden unseasonable blizzard"; "unseasonable bright blue weather in November"|
seasonable - in keeping with the season; "a hard but seasonable frost"; "seasonable clothes"
|2.||unseasonable - badly timed; "an ill-timed intervention"; "you think my intrusion unseasonable"; "an untimely remark"; "it was the wrong moment for a joke"|
inopportune - not opportune; "arrived at a most inopportune hour"; "an inopportune visit"
Not suitable for or characteristic of the season: