Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
Related to unsparing: unsparingly
1. Unmerciful; severe: an unsparing superior officer; unsparing criticism.
2. Generous or unstinting: unsparing in his efforts to find a solution.
1. not sparing or frugal; lavish; profuse
2. showing harshness or severity; unmerciful
1. not sparing; liberal or profuse.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unsparing - very generous; "distributed gifts with a lavish hand"; "the critics were lavish in their praise"; "a munificent gift"; "his father gave him a half-dollar and his mother a quarter and he thought them munificent"; "prodigal praise"; "unsparing generosity"; "his unstinted devotion"; "called for unstinting aid to Britain"|
generous - willing to give and share unstintingly; "a generous donation"
|2.||unsparing - not forbearing; ruthless; "an unsparing critic"|
inclement - used of persons or behavior; showing no clemency or mercy; "the harsh sentence of an inclement judge"
1. lavish, liberal, generous, abundant, prodigal, bountiful, open-handed, unstinting, profuse, munificent, ungrudging, plenteous He was unsparing with his devotion to the team.
(= lavish) → großzügig, verschwenderisch, nicht kleinlich; to be unsparing with something → mit etw nicht geizen; to be unsparing in one’s efforts → keine Kosten und Mühen scheuen