unstressed(redirected from unstressedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Linguistics Not stressed or accented: an unstressed syllable.
2. Not exposed or subjected to stress.
1. carrying relatively little stress; unemphasized
2. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics of, relating to, or denoting the weakest accent in a word or breath group, which in some languages, such as English or German, is also associated with a reduction in vowel quality to a centralized (i) or (a)
3. (Poetry) prosody (of a syllable in verse) having no stress or accent
1. without stress or emphasis, as a syllable in a word.
2. not receiving or subjected to stress.