Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Not attempted, tested, or proved.
2. Law Not tried in court.
1. not tried, attempted, or proved; untested
2. (Law) not tried by a judge or court
1. not tried; not attempted, proved, or tested.
2. not tried in a law court.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||untried - not tried or tested by experience; "unseasoned artillery volunteers"; "still untested in battle"; "an illustrator untried in mural painting"; "a young hand at plowing"|
|2.||untried - not yet proved or subjected to testing; "an untested drug"; "untested theory"; "an untried procedure"|
new - not of long duration; having just (or relatively recently) come into being or been made or acquired or discovered; "a new law"; "new cars"; "a new comet"; "a new friend"; "a new year"; "the New World"
(= not tested) person → unerprobt; product, method → ungetestet, unerprobt; (= not attempted) → unversucht