unyoke(redirected from unyoking)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
Related to unyoking: mustered
v. un·yoked, un·yok·ing, un·yokes
1. To release from or as if from a yoke.
2. To separate; disjoin.
1. To remove a yoke.
2. Archaic To stop working.
1. to release (an animal, etc) from a yoke
2. (tr) to set free; liberate
3. (tr) to disconnect or separate
4. (intr) archaic to cease working
Past participle: unyoked
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||unyoke - remove the yoke from; "unyoke the cow"|
animal husbandry - breeding and caring for farm animals
unhitch - unfasten or release from or as if from a hitch
outspan - remove the yoke or harness from; "outspan the draft animals"
yoke - put a yoke on or join with a yoke; "Yoke the draft horses together"