up-front(redirected from up front)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Idioms, Wikipedia.
up·frontor up-front (ŭp′frŭnt′)Informal
1. Straightforward; frank.
2. Paid or due in advance: upfront cash.
adv. also up front
In advance; beforehand: demanded to be paid up front for the photographs.
adj. Also, up′front′.
1. invested or paid in advance or as beginning capital: an up-front fee of five percent.
2. honest; candid; straightforward.
3. conspicuous or prominent.adv.
4. in advance; initially: They asked for $1,000 up-front.Also, up′ front′.
Switch to new thesaurus
1. open, frank, honest, candid, direct, above board You can't help being biased so you may as well be up front about it.