Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. up·heaved, up·heav·ing, up·heaves
To lift forcefully from beneath; heave upward.
To be lifted or thrust upward.
vb, -heaves, -heaving, -heaved or -hove
1. to heave or rise upwards
2. (Geological Science) geology to thrust (land) upwards or (of land) to be thrust upwards
3. (tr) to disturb violently; throw into disorder
v. -heaved -hove, -heav•ing. v.t.
1. to heave or lift up; raise up or aloft.
2. to force or throw up violently or with much power, as an erupting volcano.v.i.
3. to rise upward, esp. extensively or powerfully.
Past participle: upheaved/uphove