Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
tr.v. up·lift·ed, up·lift·ing, up·lifts
1. To raise; elevate.
2. To raise to a higher social, intellectual, or moral level or condition.
3. To raise to spiritual or emotional heights; exalt: music that uplifts the spirit.
1. The act, process, or result of raising or lifting up.
2. An effort or a movement to improve social, moral, or intellectual standards.
3. Geology An upheaval.
1. literary (of faces or arms) pointing or held upwards
2. making one feel very cheerful and happy
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||uplifted - exalted emotionally especially with pride|
elated - exultantly proud and joyful; in high spirits; "the elated winner"; "felt elated and excited"