Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
v. up·turned, up·turn·ing, up·turns
1. To turn up or over: upturn the soil.
2. To upset; overturn.
3. To direct upward: upturned their gaze.
To turn over or up.
An upward movement, curve, or trend, as in business activity.
1. to turn or cause to turn up, over, or upside down
2. (tr) to create disorder
3. (tr) to direct upwards
4. an upward turn, trend, or improvement
5. an upheaval or commotion
up•turn(v. ʌpˈtɜrn, ˈʌpˌtɜrn; n. ˈʌpˌtɜrn)
1. to turn up or over.
2. to direct or turn upward.v.i.
3. to turn up or upward.n.
4. an upward turn, as in prices or business.
Past participle: upturned
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||upturn - an upward movement or trend as in business activity|
improvement - the act of improving something; "their improvements increased the value of the property"