Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. The point at which parallel lines receding from an observer seem to converge.
b. The point in linear perspective at which all imaginary lines of perspective converge.
2. The point at which a thing disappears or ceases to exist.
1. (Art Terms) the point to which parallel lines appear to converge in the rendering of perspective, usually on the horizon
2. a point in space or time at or beyond which something disappears or ceases to exist
1. a point of disappearance or cessation.
2. the point at which receding parallel lines appear to converge.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||vanishing point - the point beyond which something disappears or ceases to exist|
point - the precise location of something; a spatially limited location; "she walked to a point where she could survey the whole street"
|2.||vanishing point - the appearance of a point on the horizon at which parallel lines converge|