Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
v. vend·ed, vend·ing, vends
1. To offer for sale, especially by peddling.
2. To supply (a product or service) to a business for a fee.
To engage in selling.
1. (Commerce) to sell or be sold
2. (Commerce) to sell (goods) for a living
3. (tr) rare to utter or publish (an opinion, etc)
[C17: from Latin vendere, contraction of vēnum dare to offer for sale]
1. to sell as one's occupation, esp. by peddling: to vend flowers at a sidewalk stand.
2. to give utterance to (opinions, ideas, etc.); publish.v.i.
3. to engage in selling merchandise.
4. to be sold.
[1610–20; < Latin vendere to sell, contraction of vēnum (or vēnō) dare to offer for sale]
Past participle: vended
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||vend - sell or offer for sale from place to place|