Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
Related to vermiculation: fieldfares
1. Motion resembling that of a worm, especially the wavelike contractions of the intestine; peristalsis.
2. Wavy or sinuous marks or ornamentation, as in a mosaic, masonry, or the plumage of a bird.
3. The condition of being worm-eaten.
1. (Physiology) physiol any wormlike movement, esp of the intestines; peristalsis
2. (Art Terms) decoration consisting of wormlike carving or marks
3. the state of being worm-eaten
ornamentation resembling worm-holes or worm-tracks, as is found in mosaic pavements and rusticated masonry. See also motion; wormsSee also: Ornamentation
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||vermiculation - the process of wavelike muscle contractions of the alimentary tract that moves food along|
|2.||vermiculation - a decoration consisting of wormlike carvings|
carving - a sculpture created by removing material (as wood or ivory or stone) in order to create a desired shape
embellishment - a superfluous ornament