vernal(redirected from vernally)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Of, relating to, or occurring in the spring.
2. Characteristic of or resembling spring.
3. Fresh and young; youthful.
1. of or occurring in spring
2. poetic of or characteristic of youth; fresh
[C16: from Latin vernālis, from vēr spring]
1. of, pertaining to, or occurring in spring.
2. appropriate to or suggesting spring.
3. belonging to or characteristic of youth.
[1525–35; < Latin vernālis=vern(us) of spring (vēr spring + -nus adj. suffix) + -ālis -al1]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||vernal - suggestive of youth; vigorous and fresh; "he is young for his age"|
|2.||vernal - of or characteristic of or occurring in spring; "the vernal equinox"|
autumnal - of or characteristic of or occurring in autumn; "the autumnal equinox"; "autumnal fruits"
summery - belonging to or characteristic of or occurring in summer; "summery weather"; "summery dresses"
Of, occurring in, or characteristic of the season of spring: