Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Possible to see; perceptible to the eye: a visible object.
a. Obvious to the eye: a visible change of expression.
b. Being often in the public view; conspicuous.
3. Manifest; apparent: no visible solution to the problem.
4. On hand; available: a visible supply.
5. Constructed or designed to keep important parts in easily accessible view: a visible file.
6. Represented visually, as by symbols.
[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin vīsibilis, from vīsus, past participle of vidēre, to see; see vision.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||visibleness - quality or fact or degree of being visible; perceptible by the eye or obvious to the eye; "low visibility caused by fog"|
conspicuousness - high visibility
perceptibility - the property of being perceptible by the mind or the senses
visual range - distance at which a given standard object can be seen with the unaided eye