visored(redirected from visoredly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
vi·soralso vi·zor (vī′zər)
1. A piece projecting from the front of a cap or headband to shade or protect the eyes.
2. A transparent, often tinted piece on the front of a safety helmet, designed to protect the face and eyes and usually capable of being raised and lowered.
3. A fixed or movable shield against glare attached above the windshield of an automotive vehicle.
4. The front piece of the helmet of a suit of armor, designed to protect the face and eyes while allowing the wearer to see through a narrow opening.
5. A means of concealment or disguise; a mask.
tr.v. vi·sored, vi·sor·ing, vi·sors also vi·zored or vi·zor·ing or vi·zors
To provide or protect with a visor.
[Alteration of Middle English viser, from Anglo-Norman, from vis, face, from Latin vīsus, appearance; see visage.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||visored - having or provided with a visor or a visor of a particular kind; "their spic, red-visored caps"|