Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The act, practice, or production of one that voices.
2. Music Tonal quality or blend of an instrument in an ensemble, especially a jazz ensemble, or of the ensemble as a whole.
3. Linguistics The vibration of the vocal cords during the production of speech or a speech sound.
1. (Music, other) music the arrangement of musical notes to form a chord
2. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics the process of articulating a speech sound with voice
3. (Music, other) music the act or process of adjusting the tone of an organ pipe
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||voicing - the act of adjusting an organ pipe (or wind instrument) so that it conforms to the standards of tone and pitch and color|