Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. A line thought of as encircling the body at the waist.
b. The measurement of this line.
a. The point or line at which the skirt and bodice of a dress join.
b. The part of a garment that covers the narrowest part of the waist or the part above or below it as the current fashion demands.
1. (Anatomy) a line or indentation around the body at the narrowest part of the waist
2. (Knitting & Sewing) the intersection of the bodice and the skirt of a dress, etc, or the level of this: a low waistline.
1. the circumference of the body at the waist.
2. the part of a garment that lies at or near the natural waistline, as the seam where the skirt and bodice of a dress are joined.
3. an imaginary line encircling the waist.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||waistline - the narrowing of the body between the ribs and hips|
region, area - a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve; "in the abdominal region"
torso, trunk, body - the body excluding the head and neck and limbs; "they moved their arms and legs and bodies"
wasp waist - a very slender waist