walk-up(redirected from walk-ups)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
walk·upalso walk-up (wôk′ŭp′)
1. An apartment house or office building with no elevator.
2. An apartment or office in a building with no elevator.
a. a block of flats having no lift
b. (as modifier): a walk-up block.
1. an apartment above the ground floor in a building with no elevator.
2. a building, esp. an apartment house, that has no elevator.adj.
3. located above the ground floor in a building that has no elevator.
4. (of a building) having no elevator.
5. accessible to pedestrians from the outside of a building: a walk-up teller's window.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||walk-up - an apartment in a building without an elevator|
walk-up - an apartment building without an elevator
|2.||walk-up - an apartment building without an elevator|
|Adj.||1.||walk-up - a building with no elevator; "a walk-up apartment"|
low-rise - used of buildings of one or only a few stories and usually no elevator; low; "looking out over the roofs of low-rise apartment buildings"