Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A cane or staff used as an aid in walking.
2. Any of numerous slow-moving phasmid insects, chiefly of the family Phasmatidae, having a slender brown or green body that resembles a stick or twig. Also called stick insect.
1. (Medicine) a stick or cane carried in the hand to assist walking
2. (Animals) the usual US name for stick insect
1. a stick held in the hand and used to help support oneself while walking.
2. Also, walk′ing•stick`. Also called stick insect. any of several insects of the family Phasmatidae, having a long, slender, twiglike body.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||walking stick - a stick carried in the hand for support in walking|
cane - a stick that people can lean on to help them walk
stick - an implement consisting of a length of wood; "he collected dry sticks for a campfire"; "the kid had a candied apple on a stick"
supplejack - walking stick made from the wood of an American tropical vine
|2.||walking stick - any of various mostly tropical insects having long twiglike bodies|
phasmid, phasmid insect - large cylindrical or flattened mostly tropical insects with long strong legs that feed on plants; walking sticks and leaf insects
štap za hodanje