war cry(redirected from war cries)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to war cries: battle cries
1. A cry uttered by combatants as they attack; a battle cry.
2. A phrase or slogan used to rally people to a cause.
1. (Military) a rallying cry used by combatants in battle
2. a cry, slogan, etc, used to rally support for a cause
1. a word or phrase shouted in charging; battle cry.
2. a slogan, phrase, or motto used to unite a political party, etc.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||war cry - a slogan used to rally support for a cause; "a cry to arms"; "our watchword will be `democracy'"|
|2.||war cry - a yell intended to rally a group of soldiers in battle|